Monday, January 20, 2014

When the Spirit leaves so will I.

Well it seem as if things are back to normal.
Sounds like Emalie has been a good mom substitute, while mom has been gone. GOOD JOB EM BIEN HECHO. Tell Collin and Ashley contention is of the devil. I know this even more as a missionary. Because I´ve experienced contention with others throughout my mission and this week. The story this week is when we were on entercambios de compaños (exchanges) I was in the area of the other Elder. We clapped at a house, a man came out, asked us "what gospel we preach?" then he would interrupt before we could answer and would ask again, and argue. My companion ( the other Elder) said, we don't want to fight, just want to share. anyway the man continued to be rude, and do the same thing, and we strait up and left, with the spirit, about 30 sec or less into talking with him. It is a good goal of mine now: when the spirit leaves so will I. Contention can shoo the spirit away like that. So don't do it.
We actually have an investigator who's a pastor for an Evangelical church, who we have taught 2 times. He listens and is very nice. Last night we taught an investigator that I have not taught but my companion has. It went really well and the spirit was overpowering but calm, and makes me grateful for the opportunity to teach.
On Saturday, we taught a new investigator, who I'm glad that we found. He needs the gospel. We found him Tuesday and taught him Saturday. Anyway we were trying to look for him and he came out of his house. Then invited him in. At first we chatted, then he stared to cry, and he was drunk at the time. Anyway he told us how one of his sons was murdered. He was crying for a while and we prayed and told him some gospel principle that would help him. And we gave a blessing and I said the words, my first time saying one in Spanish. (Wow I´m amazed on how far my Spanish has come and far far away it needs to go). Anyway at the end of the lesson or visit, he was in a lot better shape emotionally, and said he felt better after the blessing. Wow What an intents experience we had. I grateful for the chance the help people. WOW.
Anyway That´s what has happen. Thank for your letters and all you do for me, and your spiritual thoughts
I love you, and God loves you
ama,
Elder Bransen Gene Jensen
PS. your quote "Satan's trials are a work out" es de Ashely or Em. My quote for you is; "You two are still living"

No comments:

Post a Comment